Saturday 9 June 2012

In My Mailbox #25

20120506-103516.jpg


Welcome to  In My Mailbox, a meme run by The Story Siren where each week over 200 bloggers post on their blogs the books they have bought, received to review or won in the past week. 

To find out more information, get involved yourself or see what's in other bloggers mailboxes this week head over to The Story Siren or to find out what is in my mailbox this week, keep reading.

Don't forget to comment and post your IMM link or just let me know what's in your mail box this week.

So this week kind of overtook me a little. Between the baby and lack of sleep, the last half of the week is a bit of blur and I didn't get all the posts out I wanted too northe reading donethat i wanted to. Hopefully. I will catch up this week. 

However I did manage to score a number of great titles this week and have great time participating armchair BEA - at least in the first part of the week anyway :-p 

For Review (via Netgalley)
20120610-091547.jpg20120610-091606.jpg20120610-091636.jpg20120610-091656.jpg20120610-091719.jpg

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (Penguin Group Viking)
Moonglow by Kristen Callihan (Grand Central Publishing, Forever)
Shadow Rising by Kendra Leigh Castle (Grand Central Publishing, Forever)
Monster in my Closet by R L Naquin (Carina Press)
Unearthed by Lara Stauffer (Cedar Fort Inc.)


Really excited about these titles this week especially Shadow of Night. I absolutely loved the first book in the series a Discovery of Witches and actually had this title slated for my next On My Wishlist post when I discovered it was available on Netgalley. I was in the middle of a night feed when I got the email that my request was approved and nearly woke the baby with my squeeing :-p. actually I think I will leave this title on my Wishlist as I plan to get a finished copy when its finally published to complete my set :-)

I also am particularly excited to read Moonglow by Kristen Callihan. It is book 2 of the Darkest London series and I read the first book Firelight earlier this year. You can find my review here

I also can't wait to read the other titles either as they all sound different and interesting :-)

Giveaways Won

This week I won a cookbook the Sweet Life by season 3 Masterchef Australia winner, Kate Bracks in a QBD Bookshop Twitter competition.  A book full of delicious desserts yum :-)
 


20120610-112137.jpg


Library:


20120610-123850.jpg

When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot
Missing You by Meg Cabot
Safehouse by Meg Cabot

I used to watch and enjoy the television series based of this Meg Cabot series so I decided I should see here it originally came from. 

So what did you get this week?

6 comments:

  1. I was a huge fan of the 1800-missing series when I was younger.

    And I'm jealous over the cookbook! Congratulations on winning it. Hope you make lots of great things from it. I wonder if there's a gingerbread house in it - like the one from the Zumbo challenge last year :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow of Night looks great but I haven’t yet read A Discovery of Witches. And oh haha! Kate Bracks... I think my next obsession whenever I move out would be collecting cookbooks. I don’t know why but I just feel like that’s going to occur.

    Hope you enjoy the books you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo jealous about Shadow of Night! I absolutely loved A Discovery of Witches. Have fun reading!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! I got of Shadow of Night as well! I still haven't read A Discovery of Witches though, so I'm thinking I need to get a copy.


    Care to check out my IMM/Stacking the Shelves?
    Have a great week!
    -Danie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week!! I hope you enjoy them all :) Check out what's IMM!

    ReplyDelete