Sunday 28 October 2012

Review: Covet by Melissa Darnell

Title: Covet
Author: Melissa Darnell


Published: October 2012 by HarlequinTeen Australia
Source: HarlequinTeen Australia
Reviewed: Sapphireddragon
SapphiredDragon Rating: *** 3/4
Covet (The Clann #2) by Melissa Darnell
Add to Goodreads

Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming…and not everyone will survive.

Purchase: Book Depository |

Review: 
After reading book 1, Crave, in less than a day, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this novel.  Overall I wasn't disappointed. At first, I was a little worried as I wasn't sure where it was going to go then Wham! the first few chapters unfolded and once again I was hooked.

This has a different feel to the first book.  While the first one was mostly (obviously) about Savannah and Tristan and their secret love, there was a lot more happening in this second instalment, peripheral characters came into play and become less peripheral as the story broadened and deepened and more threads unravelled.  We got to learn more about these characters and understand them and their point of views more which changed our perspective of the story as a whole.

Some of the revelations I saw coming, some I merely suspected and some I just did not see coming at all but all of them felt right for the story and I loved the direction it took.

And even though, there was more conflict, more mystery and more suspense, there was still just the right amount of angst between Savannah and Tristan and enough of their story to tie all threads together.

The ending left me breathless and all I can say is bring on book 3: Consume

I give this book 3 3/4 stars!

Sapphired Dragon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment