Friday 1 November 2013

Stacking the Shelves #13


Welcome to  Stacking The Shelves!  Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga Reviews and is a meme to share those books, both print and e-book, that have been added to your shelves in the last week/s.

Not a huge weeks for books this week but very excited about the ones I did receive.

Review (E-books - Thanks to PenguinTeen Australia & Suasponte via netgalley and thanks to Penguin USA via edelweiss ):



Can't believe this is the last book in the Morganville Vampires Series.  So as this has been one of the most enjoyable and fun series I have ever read.  Not sure I want it to end.

Daylighters (Morganville Vampires #15) by Rachel Caine
Goodreads  | Book Depository
While Morganville, Texas, is often a troubled town, Claire Danvers and her friends are looking forward to coming home. But the Morganville they return to isn’t the one they know; it’s become a different place—a deadly one…

Something drastic has happened in Morganville while Claire and her friends were away. The town looks cleaner and happier than they’ve ever seen it before, but when their incoming group is arrested and separated—vampires from humans—they realize that the changes definitely aren’t for the better.

It seems that an organization called the Daylight Foundation has offered the population of Morganville something they’ve never had: hope of a vampire-free future. And while it sounds like salvation—even for the vampires themselves—the truth is far more sinister and deadly.

Now, Claire, Shane and Eve need to find a way to break their friends out of Daylighter custody, before the vampires of Morganville meet their untimely end…
My love affair with time travel novels continues with this novella I received this week. It's described as a retelling of A Christmas Carol as well as inspired by a real-life ghost story.  Given we just had halloween, sounds like my perfect read right now.  Can't wait :-)


1816 Candles (Time After Time #1) by Amanda Brice
Goodreads  | Amazon
A chance encounter during a costume ball at a historic tavern sends high school senior Lauren Harper back in time to early Virginia. Now she’s experiencing the actual events of the “Legend of the Female Stranger” ghost story she's attempted to avoid growing up in Old Town Alexandria. Can she solve the mystery of this ghost, find her way back home…and deal with her own emotions when she falls in love with a guy who lived 200 years before her?

A retelling of A Christmas Carol inspired by a real-life ghost story, 1816 CANDLES is a young adult time travel novella of approximately 19,000 words, or 75 pages.




I received another Rachel Caine title also this week.




Prince of Shadows  by Rachel Caine
Goodreads  | Book Depository
A standalone built around the character of Benvolio, from Romeo and Juliet. The novel will be told from the point of view of Benvolio, who is Romeo’s cousin and, in Shakespeare’s play, attempts to get the lovelorn Montague interested in other girls after it’s discovered that Juliet is a member of the clan his family despises: the Capulets. Caine’s novel, her agent said, explores a scenario in which Romeo and Juliet are not the only couple to fall into dire romantic straits and is “a tale of intrigue, betrayal, hatred, and tragedy,” about “lovers lost, and lovers found.” (From Publisher's Weekly)




Purchased :

One of my pre-orders arrived this week also.  Yet another book i can't wait to squeeze in to my reading schedule. Also got an awesome book mark with it!

Altered (Crewel World #2) by Gennifer Albin
Goodreads  | Book Depository

Life. Possibility. Choice.
All taken from Adelice by the Guild—until she took them back.

But amid the splendid ruins of Earth, Adelice discovers how dangerous freedom can be. Hunted by soulless Remnants sent by Cormac Patton and the Guild, Adelice finds a world that’s far from deserted. Although allies are easy to find on Earth, knowing who to trust isn’t. Because everyone has secrets, especially those Adelice loves most. Secrets they would kill to protect. Secrets that will redefine each of them. Torn between two brothers and two worlds, Adelice must choose what to fight for.

In this thrilling sequel to Crewel, Adelice is about to learn how tangled up her past and future really are. Her parents ran to protect her, but nothing can save her from her destiny, and once she uncovers the truth, it will change everything.

Also had this arrive this week.  My almost 20 month old may still yet be too young for Elf on the Shelf but I thought we would start the tradition this year anyway :-)



So what did you add to your shelves this week?




7 comments:

  1. interesting choices this week. I like the Fierce Reads bookmark. That's so very cool indeed. I really love the cover for Prince of Shadows. Had heard some buzz about it when I went to NYC Comic Con.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that feeling when a book series ends! I almost don't want to read the last book because then it's officially over! My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prince of Shadows looks the most interesting to me. I may have to look more into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that Crewel is such a great read and I can't wait to see what people think of Altered. I don't know about the cover change, but I guess it has its purpose... I hope you enjoy all of your new pretties:)

    Happy reading and have a wonderful weekend!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I see Elf on the Shelf I'm reminded of how an acquaintance of mine uses it to scare her child haha Altered looks really interesting. I saw it on the shelf at the bookstore today and the cover is so pretty! Enjoy your books :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to get Elf on the Shelf for this Christmas. I would like to start reading the Morganiville Vampire series too but there are so many of them now I'm not sure if I'm going to. I've heard great things though.

    Here's myBookish Buys

    ReplyDelete